You’ve probably figured out that we’ve had a little rash of dramas, petty betrayals, and minor fracases. And normally I don’t let this stuff get to me — like sewage off a duck’s back. That’s me and this place. I come in, I do my job, I go home, I warm up some fettucini alfredo, and play Warcraft until we either put Razorscale down or my eyes start to bleed from my weak-sauce guildmates’ who have their suck turned all the way up to 10.
But the recent mess with the office manager has got me so frustrated that I’ve been off my game for days. Everyone been trying to make me take a side, to push Tom to favor someone or another. They wouldn’t leave me alone — all day it was in and out of my office with this mess. Honestly I don’t care. If anyone can come in here and make people clean up after themselves or keep the clerical supplies stocked, they can report to whoever they want. Hell, they can have the place if they can make the freakin’ trains run on time.
Anyway, now that it’s all straightened out, we’re hoping to start interviews relatively soon, especially with Ginger gone. We need organization desperately, and we’re going to do what it takes to get some, including giving some small measure of control over our lives to a complete stranger. The good news is that it’s like getting a new raid leader — it doesn’t take anyone particularly smart, just organized and relatively alert. And you have to want to do it, which is why I won’t do it, of course.
So if you know anyone who wants to do this office manager job, have ’em call us. Have ’em call the office, but don’t call me. I don’t care. Okay, maybe I care a little. But you keep that to yourself, got it?Last 5 posts by Jane
Join Our Fan Group on Facebook
- Everything else
- Jokes that are BeLOW US
- Not that stupid boat again!
- Office Olympics
- Office Pranks And The Audits They Cause
- Office Romance
- Saving Money
- The International Division
- The Pretty People
- Summer Vacation
- The Competition Whisperer
- Like I’m confused
- Home Cookin’
- Custodian of No
- Things I Hate, volume 3
- The Ringer
Highest Rated Posts
- Drip … drip … drip (5.00 out of 5)
- Office Holiday Party Redux — The Violations (5.00 out of 5)
- OMFG$$! (5.00 out of 5)
- Must Be Bad News (5.00 out of 5)
- Big Announcement — iTunes! (5.00 out of 5)
- Moving Violation (5.00 out of 5)
- I’m ambivalent as heck, and I just won’t take it anymore! (5.00 out of 5)
- Duck and Cover (5.00 out of 5)
- Two Big (Round) Reasons Why I Win At Business (5.00 out of 5)
- There’s no such thing as bad publicity (5.00 out of 5)